agturn – the versatile bar actuator
- The bar-agturn is a new pneumatic quarter-turn actuator that covers the full spectrum of torques and swivel angles for shut-off device automation. With special design, robust construction and great versatility in technical characteristics, fulfilling the demands from the plant designer and plant manufacturer to the user.
Features & Benefits:
- A suitable rotary actuator is available for each application of shut-off valves due to 18 different sizes and torques from 2 to 13.040 Nm.
- The high-quality powder coating of the cap and housing made of hard-coated aluminum allows the usage even in aggressive environmental conditions.
- The solenoid valve interface is located high on the profile and easily accessible, which optimizes the installation of pilot valves.
- The end position adjustment on the opposite side of the solenoid valve connection facilitates the adjustment process.
- The standardized interface VDI/VDE 3845 can be used to set up all commercially available signal and control devices.
- The position indicator is part of the product which is equipped with variable clips for displaying the valve position.
- The end positions can be configured between 0° and 90° as well as from +5° to -5°, whereby the valve can be optimally adjusted.
- There are 2 ISO flange patterns available for most of the sizes per each actuator size to ensure the flexible automation of valves.
- The octagonal pinion connection adapts a parallel or diagonal selector shaft alignment of the valve and ensures a space-saving actuator construction.
- Simple assembly and disassembly of the safety springs are designed for a balanced ratio between pneumatic torque and spring torque.
- Each control pressure is assigned to a defined number of springs and facilitates the actuator selection based on the torques.
- A laser engraving on the actuator housing marks the flange patterns and air connections for a clear allocation.
- The serial number is also laser engraved; this helps to trace the actuator manufacturing at any time.
- Precisely milled piston tooth system ensures smoother running, optimum torque, and low wear.
- Long service life is achieved by using the plain bearing for all moving parts.
- The actuators cover a wide range of applications thanks to the actuator variants with different swivel angles.
For more information: bar-agturn