Reliable and robust valves, measurement and control systems.
With its valves and automation components, GEMÜ offers impressive solutions for the field of process engineering.
Thanks to the numerous valve types and sizes, as well as a wide variety of connections and materials, GEMÜ components are used successfully in surface treatment processes.
High flexibility in material selection is the main factor which keeps ball valves, butterfly valves, globe and control valves and diaphragm valves up to date, even with critical parameters.
High and optimum chemical resistance
Alongside plastic valve bodies made from PP, PVC, ABS and PVDF, metal valve bodies lined with PFA, PP or hard rubber are also available.
In addition, PTFE and PFA are available as valve body materials for optimum chemical resistance.
Examples of processes employing GEMÜ valves, measurement and control systems:
- Pickling plants
- Galvanic baths
- Finishing via electro-polishing
- Production and dosing of paints and paint remover
- Pre-treatments such as degreasing and cleaning
- Treatment of process water and waste water
Without paint adhesion interfering substances
Valves and individual components such as diaphragms which are free from substances that prevent paint adhesion (e.g. silicone) are optionally also available. These are cleaned accordingly and are packed individually in plastic bags. Furthermore, solely silicone-free lubricants are used during assembly.
Single-use solutions for paint finishing systems
Immersion basins, painting booths and other types of system are regularly cleaned in order to prevent ground particles, fine fibres and other substances from entering the paint, thus hindering their transmission onto the workpiece. The first controllable single-use diaphragm valve is used here for small batches, testing systems and particularly critical and cost-intensive working media, as well as for effective/safe prevention of paints mixing together.
Product advantages associated with the use of plastic and metal butterfly valves
- Excellent corrosion protection
- Flexible application possibilities due to versatile material selection
- Minimal pressure loss
- ATEX versions
Product advantages associated with the use of diaphragm valves with plastic lining
- All mechanical components are located outside the media-wetted area
- Suitable for inert and corrosive liquid and gaseous media
- Suitable for use with both clean and abrasive media
- Control functions possible
Product advantages associated with the use of plastic or metal ball valves
- Good flow capability
- All plastic media-wetted parts for plastic ball valves are also optionally available in a thermoplastic material
- ATEX, TA Luft (German Clean Air Act) versions and versions suitable for vacuum applications are optionally available for metal ball valves
Product advantages associated with the use of globe valves
- Suitable for fast cycle duties and high switching frequencies
- Highly suitable for use as control valves in conjunction with suitable positioners
- Versatile accessories and ATEX versions or versions suitable for vacuum applications are available
All GEMÜ valves with pneumatic or motorized actuator are available with instrumentation ex works.