All over the world, both centralized and decentralized concepts are used for energy production in the form of hydroelectric power stations, wind power plants, gas turbine power plants and coal power plants.
Processes such as the manufacture of biofluids or steam generation also contribute to power generation, while a wide range of storage and thermoprocess technologies ensure energy usage.
Whether renewable or conventional energies are involved, innovative, efficient and durable products are essential in power generation.
This is why GEMÜ offers reliable plant components for power generation and environmental engineering, with a wide range of butterfly valves, ball valves, globe valves, diaphragm valves and multi-port valve blocks.
Examples of processes employing GEMÜ valves, measurement and control systems:
- Hydraulic control of wind power plants
- Circulation in pumped storage plants
- Manufacture of biofluids
- Flue gas desulphurization
- Treatment of waste water
Product advantages associated with the use of plastic and metal butterfly valves
- Excellent corrosion protection
- Flexible application possibilities due to versatile material selection
- Minimal pressure loss
- ATEX versions
- TA-Luft” certificate
Product advantages associated with the use of diaphragm valves with plastic lining
- All mechanical components are located outside the media-wetted area
- Suitable for inert and corrosive liquid and gaseous media
- Suitable for use with both clean and abrasive media
- Control functions possible
Product advantages associated with the use of plastic or metal ball valves
- Good flow capability
- All plastic media-wetted parts for plastic ball valves are also optionally available in a thermoplastic material
- ATEX, TA Luft (German Clean Air Act) versions and versions suitable for vacuum applications are optionally available for metal ball valves
Product advantages associated with the use of globe valves
- Suitable for fast cycle duties and high switching frequencies
- Highly suitable for use as control valves in conjunction with suitable positioners
- Versatile accessories and ATEX versions or versions suitable for vacuum applications are available
All GEMÜ valves with pneumatic or motorized actuator are available with instrumentation ex works.